Doctorate applies for peon’s postJuly 25th, 2011 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
Udaipur, July 25 (IANS) When the Mohan Lal Sukhadia University here invited applications for the post of 15 peons, 3,440 people responded. One had a PhD and another a MBA degree.
The university, about 400 km from Jaipur, conducted the interviews July 23-24.
Another candidate was a Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) and yet another a Masters of Library Science. There was a post-graduate too.
Anyone who had passed Class 8 was eligible for the post, provided he or she had a fair knowledge of Hindi and English. The basic salary? Rs.4,700, to go up eventually to Rs.7,440.
One highly educated candidate who applied told IANS, on the condition of anonymity, why he was so desperate for a job.
“After completing my MBA from a private institute, I am finding it difficult to get a job. So I applied here for the post of peon,” he said.
“I have not disclosed this to my parents because they will be shocked. I will tell them once I get the job.”
- IGNOU extends last date for admission applications - Jun 20, 2012
- Twitter record over Osama's killing - May 03, 2011
- IGNOU announces admissions for 2011 session - Oct 20, 2010
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011
- 14-year-old Tamil boy enrols for Master of Computer Applications - Dec 27, 2010
- Distance learning - a last resort for Delhi students! - Jul 03, 2011
- Giving wings of education to lives behind bars - Apr 03, 2011
- IGNOU opens admission for library science courses - Jul 13, 2012
- Scars, birthmarks stigmatise job seekers - Nov 11, 2011
- Be smart about getting a PhD - Jan 15, 2011
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Two doctors arrested in AIIMS exam leak racket (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- July 30 last date for admission to IGNOU programmes - Jul 24, 2012
- IGNOU opens admissions to courses on Gandhi - Jun 25, 2012
- Shiksha.com launches free MBA application form - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,