Doctor shot dead in LucknowOctober 27th, 2010 - 12:53 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 27 (IANS) Two motorcycle-borne assailants shot dead a senior government doctor here Wednesday morning, police said.
Fifty five-year-old Vinod Kumar Arya, chief medical officer, Family Welfare, was fatally shot in the Vikas Nagar area.
“The assailants shot at the doctor barely 300 metres from his house and escaped,” police inspector Gangesh Tripathi told reporters.
“We are yet to trace the gunmen and establish the motive,” he added.
Arya was also a senior doctor with the Balrampur hospital in Lucknow.
- Doctor shot dead in Lucknow (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Medical officer shot dead in Lucknow (Lead) - Apr 02, 2011
- CMO killing: UP Police announces reward of Rs two lakhs - Apr 04, 2011
- Court asks for report on Lucknow medical chiefs' killings - Apr 20, 2011
- BSP leader shot dead in Lucknow - Dec 06, 2010
- BJP leader shot dead in Kanpur - Jul 16, 2011
- Medical officer killed in Lucknow - Apr 02, 2011
- Congress leader shot at in Uttar Pradesh, injured critically - Nov 11, 2010
- Congress leader shot in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 16, 2010
- Pakistani teacher gunned down - Jun 20, 2012
- Man shot dead resisting robbery - Feb 01, 2011
- Two jewellers shot dead, traders on rampage in Faizabad - Aug 03, 2011
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Murder of village head's son sparks violence - Oct 30, 2010
- UP policeman hit by bus, critical (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012