Doctor shot dead in Greater NoidaApril 16th, 2009 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, April 16 (IANS) A doctor was shot dead by unidentified assailants outside his clinic here, police said Thursday.
Amit Gupta, a medical practitioner, who ran a clinic in the Jagat Farms market of Greater Noida was shot dead by unidentified assailants late Wednesday, police said.
Gupta, who had returned home, was called back to the clinic by his assistant to attend to an emergency case around 10 p.m. Gupta drove to the clinic with his two-year-old daughter. Outside the clinic some men who were stationed in a car opened fire on Gupta, police said.
Gupta sustained bullet injuries on his chest and was rushed to the hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. His daughter escaped unhurt.
“We have registered the case and are questioning one of the suspects. The doctor, who hailed from Debai town in Bulandshahr, had some property dispute in Bulandshahr. We are looking into all possible angles,” said Superintendent of Police (Greater Noida) Surendra Verma.
- Doctor robbed of car, cash in Greater Noida - Jan 06, 2012
- Husband of village pradhan shot dead - Sep 23, 2011
- Principal shot at in Noida - Jul 29, 2012
- Scrap dealer shot dead in busy Chandigarh market - Jul 19, 2011
- Man shot dead in Noida health club - Mar 03, 2010
- Ex-RJD MP's relative among two killed in Patna - Jul 10, 2012
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011
- Government employee shot dead outside office - Feb 23, 2011
- Dawood's brother attacked, aide killed (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- DTC bus driver gunned down - Oct 06, 2011
- BSP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 28, 2011
- Argentine radio host wounded in botched robbery - Mar 14, 2012
- Dawood's brother attacked in Mumbai, aide killed (Second Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Orissa legislator killed by suspected Maoists - Sep 24, 2011
- Journalist shot, succumbs in hospital - Aug 05, 2011