Doctor shoots family, kills self in USFebruary 29th, 2012 - 12:37 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Feb 29 (IANS) A Pakistani-origin doctor in the US opened fire at his family, killing one daughter and wounding the other. His wife was also critically wounded in the shooting spree that ended when he turned the gun on himself, it was reported here.
Sardar Shaikh, 47, fatally shot himself after attempting to kill his family in Houston, reported Geo News Wednesday.
Shaikh’s daughter Jacqueline Shaikh, 11, died while his wife Maria Isabel Gorena, 43, and other daughter Vivian Shaikh, 14, were severely injured.
Gorena called the police to report a shooting at her residence. She said her husband had shot her and their two children. She added that she believed the husband had also shot himself.
Shaikh was found dead in front of the residence with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest while Jacqueline was found inside.
Vivian and Maria were taken to hospital.
The motive for the shooting was not known.
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- Gurdwara gunman shot himself in head: FBI - Aug 09, 2012
- Gurdwara shooter acted alone: FBI - Aug 09, 2012
- Kentucky Shooting: Stanley Neace goes on killing spree - Sep 12, 2010
- Two wounded in gurdwara shooting improve - Aug 10, 2012
- Gunman kills four in US - Aug 30, 2010
- US man held for shooting ill wife in hospital bed - Aug 06, 2012
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- Shot Congresswoman now singing, enjoying matzo ball soup - Mar 04, 2011
- Arizona 3-year-old shoots self in head after finding gun - Feb 07, 2010
- Gunman opens fire at Univeristy of Texas-Austin before shooting himself - Sep 29, 2010
- Katie Medley survives theatre shooting and then gives birth to a baby boy - Jul 24, 2012
- Gunman opens fire at Thai Navy base, killing 2 - Sep 14, 2011
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Husband refuses to self-inflict injuries, denied bail - Jun 21, 2010