Doctor held for carjacking in DelhiFebruary 25th, 2011 - 11:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) A 29-year-old doctor who wanted to earn a quick buck and committed various auto thefts in the capital was arrested here, police said Friday.Manoj Kumar Singh, was arrested Thursday in Rohini area of north Delhi, and has named his three associates as Deepak Bhardwaj, Rajesh and Babloo.
According to police, Singh is a Doctor of Medicine (MD) from Russian State Medical Academy and his parents are also doctors. His wife is a pharmacist and the couple has a daughter.
“He met Bharadwaj, who works as a compounder in the same clinic in Ranikhera in north Delhi where Singh was an administrator,” a police official said.
Singh had got his degree from Russia but could not pass a certain test, which is required to practice in India. Hence, he was working as an administrator in a clinic.
“We received a complaint Feb 3 that Singh along with his three associates robbed a car at gunpoint in Begampur in north Delhi and diverted it to Alipur. After drugging the two victims, they got away with Rs.10,000 cash and mobile phones,” the official added.
A tip off was received Thursday and Singh was arrested from Begampur in the stolen car.
Singh told police that the gang had also stolen a tempo loaded with plastic goods. Bharadwaj was arrested in the same case and is presently in judicial custody.
- Alert cops catch three auto-thieves - Jan 29, 2011
- Three arrested for stealing Delhi MP's car - Sep 23, 2010
- Two killed in Delhi car crash - Aug 15, 2012
- Three-men gang held for robbery - Mar 05, 2011
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- 'Chacha-Bhatija' vehicle theft ring busted - Feb 04, 2012
- To change sex, youth runs away with boss' money - Sep 15, 2011
- Suspended cop held for plot to kill wife - Sep 06, 2011
- Eunuch among five arrested for murder - Dec 03, 2011
- Nepali kingpin of Delhi auto thefts arrested - Dec 02, 2011
- Three held for pharmacist's murder - Mar 29, 2011
- Stolen medicines racket busted - Dec 20, 2011
- Man who assaulted woman during robbery arrested - Jan 23, 2011
- Two automobile thieves held - Jan 29, 2011
- Drug peddler held with marijuana worth Rs.50 lakh - May 25, 2010
Tags: auto thefts, babloo, bharadwaj, carjacking, compounder, doctor of medicine, doctor who, doctors, gunpoint, judicial custody, manoj kumar, medical academy, mobile phones, New Delhi, north delhi, pharmacist, police official, rajesh, russian state, state medical