Doctor arrested for cheating 60 people in nine statesFebruary 26th, 2009 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) A 55-year-old homeopathy doctor carrying a reward of Rs.10,000 on his head has been arrested here for his alleged involvement in at least 60 cases of cheating and fraud in nine states, police said Thursday.
Delhi Police’s Crime Branch arrested Sanjay Kumar Bansal, 55, from his Rohini Sector-24 home Wednesday for duping scores of businessmen of millions of rupees.
“He has been found to be involved in more than 60 criminal cases registered in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir and Assam,” said Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Satyendra Garg.
Bansal was arrested following investigations into a case registered against him in Rohini in 2007. He was accused of cheating a businessman of Madhya Pradesh’s Bhind area.
The police said Bansal took groceries worth about Rs.800,000 from the businessman and paid for them with cheques that later bounced.
Bansal quit his practice in 1997 and started conning people, police said. He would introduce himself as an exporter to businessmen and win their confidence by ordering small consignments and paying on time.
He then would order a large consignment and pay through cheques that bounced due to lack of funds in his account.
“Our initial investigations suggest that he was operated alone. He was absconding in at least 11 cases,” Garg added.
- Hong Kong based businessman cheated by two Delhi con men - Feb 03, 2012
- More trouble for Kanda, could face charges in cheque bounce case - Aug 30, 2012
- Ex-Tunisian president's kin gets 18 years prison - Nov 26, 2011
- Kanda's brother gets bail in dud cheque case (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Three held for forgery - May 23, 2011
- Bribe case: Excise official, middleman sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Fresh case registered against Gopal Kanda - Sep 06, 2012
- Lawyer held for raping client - Jun 02, 2011
- Hyderabad builder arrested for cheating DLF - Jun 23, 2012
- Two accounts officers held in fraud case - Jun 23, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh police probing fraudulent withdrawals - Dec 24, 2010
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Goa drug nexus: Arunachal police officer may be summoned - Jan 20, 2011
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012