Doctor arrested for allegedly molesting patientNovember 25th, 2009 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 24 (IANS) A doctor of a government hospital here was arrested Tuesday for allegedly locking up and molesting a young woman patient on the pretext of a medical check-up, police said.
The woman alleged that the doctor, identified only as Mathur, locked her up inside a room on the pretext of a medical examination at the Malviya Nagar government hospital Monday.
The police said that she raised an alarm and began shouting for help after which the accused tried to flee but was caught and beaten up by a mob.
In her statement to the police, the woman said she went to the hospital because of chest pain.
“I had gone for treatment to the hospital. The doctor, Mathur, sent the peon outside and locked his room from inside. He pulled off my clothes and molested me. When I resisted, he said me that he is checking me and made me lie on a sofa. He then tried to remove my trousers and I shouted for help,” she said in the statement.
- Woman molested in Delhi hospital - May 29, 2012
- Doctor molests minor during check-up, held - Nov 29, 2011
- Australian IPL player arrested for molesting woman, claims innocence (Third Lead) - May 18, 2012
- IPL player in custody for molestation (Second Lead) - May 18, 2012
- IPL player gets bail, American woman sends Mallya legal notice (Roundup) - May 19, 2012
- Fiance of US woman better, could be released Sunday - May 19, 2012
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Court reserves order on bail of Pomersbach - May 19, 2012
- IPL molestation case: Victim's fiancee backs her version - May 20, 2012
- Naked African woman causes stir in Kuala Lumpur - Feb 09, 2011
- Another custodial death in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 08, 2011
- IPL player arrested for molesting American woman (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Driver arrested for molesting French tourist - Sep 04, 2012
- Pinki denied bail, remanded to further judicial custody - Jun 29, 2012
- Ex-RAW official disrobes in court, sent for mental check-up (Second Lead) - Jan 20, 2011