DNRF militant nabbed in AssamMarch 21st, 2012 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, March 21 (IANS) Police in Assam’s Dima Hasao district — formerly known as North Cachar Hills — arrested a Dimasa National Revolutionary Force (DNRF) militant from Langting under Mahur police station in the district Wednesday.
The arrested rebel, identified as Bikash Boro was arrested from near his house in Langting and one .22 bore pistol was recovered from his possession.
DNRF is a newly-floated militant outfit and claims that its main objective is to ensure safety and security of the Dimasa people living in the region and all-round development of Dima Hasao district. The outfit is led by self-styled chairman, Hasong Dimasa.
Police said the outfit’s main objective is to extort money from government employees and the business community in Dima Hasao district and in some areas of the Barak Valley. The cadres of the outfit were also found to be involved in some recent extortion cases in and around the district.
- Forces kill four militants in pre-dawn Assam raid - Jun 23, 2012
- Peace Accord with Black Widow rebel faction soon: Chidambaram - Jan 24, 2012
- Students in Dima Hasao seek a new image for their region with music - Sep 09, 2010
- Surrendered Dima Halom Daogah militants observe daylong hunger strike in Assam - Aug 21, 2010
- Successive shutdowns disrupt life in northeast - Jan 22, 2011
- Parts of northeast cut-off as train services suspended - Oct 10, 2011
- Arrest of 'Black Widow' enlivens hopes of peace in North Cachar Hills - Jun 14, 2009
- 40 houses of tribals torched in southern Assam - Jun 09, 2009
- Northeast youth eager to re-join mainstream society - Jul 04, 2010
- Shut-down in Assam's North Cachar Hills District - Apr 12, 2009
- Militants torch down 40 tribal houses in Assam - Jun 09, 2009
- Terrorists' arms cache recovered in Assam - Jul 10, 2010
- Ulfa's bomb-making unit busted; 2 held - May 21, 2012
- Railway services in northeast partially restored - Jul 25, 2012
- Train services yet to be restored in northeast - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: assam, barak valley, bore, boro, business community, cachar, cadres, dima, extortion cases, government employees, guwahati, main objective, march 21, money, north cachar hills, pistol, police station, possession, revolutionary force, safety and security