DNA in thief’s excrement leads to arrestJanuary 4th, 2012 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, Jan 4 (IANS) A Chinese thief who defecated on the floor of his ransacked homes was caught because the DNA of his feces revealed his identity, the Shanghai Daily reported Wednesday.
Chen, 29, broke into a home in Cixi City April 16, 2010 with a partner. They ate food in the kitchen first and then Chen relieved himself on the floor near the front door.
The pair then searched for valuables. The noise woke up the house owner. The thieves bolted without taking anything.
Four months later they burglarized another apartment and took away a laptop and more than 1,000 yuan. As usual, they had a meal in the kitchen and Chen left his stinking signature on the floor.
Police matched the DNA to Chen, who served two years in prison.
- Delhi's burglars make hay while summer vacation shines - Jun 14, 2011
- Tips on how to carry out burglaries, by Japanese thief - Nov 27, 2010
- Middle class at maximum risk from thieves - Mar 31, 2011
- Indian man robbed in China - Apr 26, 2011
- Startled burglar kills man in Delhi - Oct 29, 2010
- Laptop thief mails his victim an USB stick with all the backed up data - Oct 19, 2010
- 'Stupid' burglar posts pic of self taken with stolen laptop on owner's Facebook page - Dec 16, 2010
- Picasso stolen from Athens National Gallery - Jan 10, 2012
- Laptop Thief Mails Victim His Data On a USB Stick - Oct 19, 2010
- Burglar caught after falling asleep on bed - Sep 23, 2011
- Thief starves for days in a locked-up flat - Dec 14, 2011
- $8 mn burglary exposes corrupt Chinese official - Dec 22, 2011
- Man sitting 2,000 miles away helps catch thief - Nov 20, 2011
- Three burglars held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Corrupt Chinese man hid in hills for eight years - Nov 15, 2011