DMK workers celebrate Raja’s bailMay 15th, 2012 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 15 (IANS) DMK party workers in Perambalur Tuesday burst crackers and distributed sweets after party MP and former telecom minister A. Raja was granted bail in the 2G spectrum case.
As news spread of his release from the Tihar Jail in delhi, jubilations broke out in Raja’s native town Perambalur, around 300 km from here, police said. However, the celebrations were low key, they said.
The DMK too welcomed the court’s decision to free Raja on bail, though he has been barred from visiting Tamil Nadu.
“We are happy. Getting bail is part of the legal process. We are confident that Raja will come out clean in the whole episode,” T.K.S. Elangovan, the DMK spokesperson, told IANS over phone from New Delhi.
“We will be meeting him later today,” he said.
Raja was in prison since February 2011.
- Raja's release may dilute 2G case: Jayalalithaa - May 15, 2012
- After 15 months, Raja is out of jail (Roundup) - May 15, 2012
- Raja granted bail, can't visit DoT or Tamil Nadu (Fourth Lead) - May 15, 2012
- DMK supporters celebrate Raja's release - May 15, 2012
- Raja gets bail, can't visit DoT or Tamil Nadu (Third Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Raja gets bail after 15 months in jail (Second Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Badly sullied DMK is down but not out - Jul 07, 2011
- DMK silent on Raja's arguments - Jul 25, 2011
- Bail not end of 2G, more accused soon, says BJP (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Bail not end of 2G spectrum case: BJP - May 15, 2012
- Raja promises to 'cooperate' with CBI - Dec 22, 2010
- Karunanidhi anxious, hopeful Kanimozhi will get bail - Oct 24, 2011
- Don't want bail, want to come out clean: A. Raja (Exclusive Interview) - Apr 22, 2012
- DMK begins spectrum outreach meetings in Tamil Nadu - Dec 24, 2010
- Raja arrives in Chennai to rousing welcome (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012