DLF chairman named ‘Indian Business Leader’June 26th, 2012 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) Realty major DLF chairman K.P Singh has been conferred the ‘Indian Business Leader’ of the year award at the Horasis global India business meeting held in Antwerp, Belgium.
He was honoured for transforming the real estate landscape of India. The award was conferred Monday by an international jury.
“We take pride in honouring K.P. Singh with the ‘Indian Business Leader of the year’ award for his contribution to the growth of Indian economy,” said Frank-Jurgen Richter, chairman of Horasis, an independent international organisation for enacting visions for a sustainable future.
“We also recognize his role in setting up the DLF Foundation, that contributes towards philanthropic activities.”
Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma was present at the occasion.
Singh said: “I am humbled to receive this prestigious award, which is a tribute to the spirit of Indian entrepreneurship.”
There was also a special reading session for Singh’s biography, ‘Whatever the Odds.’
The global India business meeting is the annual gathering of businesses and government leaders to share visions on opportunities and challenges in India and the world.
This year’s meet was attended by more than 250 heads of businesses who deliberated on a variety of themes that were of importance to India as a rising player in the global economy.
- DLF's K.P. Singh gets entrepreneurship award (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Belgium to host major Indian business meet - Nov 02, 2011
- Europe, India to deepen economic cooperation: Anand Sharma - Jun 25, 2012
- Investments will boost India, US economies: Harvard India meet - Mar 27, 2012
- PM confers honorary doctorate on Azim Premji - Aug 18, 2012
- Hardeep Puri, Prashant Bhushan at Harvard meet (Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- A.R.Rahman Receives WEF Crystal Award - Jan 27, 2011
- Shell's Vikram Singh Mehta named Asian business leader - Oct 13, 2010
- Thirteen business leaders conferred with ABLF awards - Oct 04, 2011
- Ratan Tata gets Swiss Ambassador's award - Oct 17, 2011
- Ratan Tata honoured with Global Indian award in Canada - May 16, 2010
- Harvard meet on where India is headed - Mar 24, 2012
- Billionaire philanthropists to focus on societal development - Jun 02, 2012
- K.P. Singh almost sold his stake in DLF for Rs.26 lakh - Nov 15, 2011
- Apollo's Reddy gets Padman Bhushan, DLF's K.P. Singh Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2010
Tags: anand sharma, antwerp belgium, business leader, business meeting, estate landscape, frank jurgen richter, global economy, global india, independent international, india business, indian business, indian economy, industry minister, international jury, international organisation, k p singh, philanthropic activities, prestigious award, reading session, sustainable future