DLF Brands launches Italian, French fashion labelsDecember 19th, 2008 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 19 (IANS) After introducing international fashion brands Armani and Ferragamo in the Indian market, DLF Brands, the retail management subsidiary of real estate firm DLF, has launched five more labels in the country.DLF Brands, which said it is planning to bring at least 15 international brands by 2013 through joint ventures, Thursday launched three Italian brands - Alcott, Boggi, Piquadro - and two French brands - Sia and Sunglass Hut here Thursday.
“It is our vision to augment a change in lifestyle by providing Indian consumers internationally successful brands at their doorstep. Our focus is the domestic market and we plan to expose our audiences to a wide range of lifestyle brands across luxury and premium product categories,” said DLF Brands’s vice chairman Timmy Sarna in a statement.
“We want to cater not just to a niche segment, but also to a much larger and younger customer base,” Sarna added.
Menswear brand Boggi and luggage label Piquadro were launched through joint ventures, while apparel and accessories brand Alcott, home fashion range Sia and eyewear major Sunglass Hut were launched through the franchise route.
“Our products will be sourced directly from the brand headquarters in Italy and France and the product range and styles will be at par with global markets,” DLF Brands managing director Kelvin Coyle said.
All five brands will be available at stores located at DLF Place, Saket and will be available in other metros shortly.
- DLF Brands to open 10 lifestyle multi-brand retail stores - May 24, 2012
- DLF-Brands unprofitablity a factor for its sale: official - Jul 22, 2010
- Electrolux licences Morf India to market Kelvinator purifiers - Jun 04, 2012
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Italy's Boggi Milano mulls India as sourcing hub - Dec 10, 2010
- Luxottica to open sunglass stores in India - Nov 04, 2008
- Pakistani textile brand to open 200 stores in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Indian menswear brands holding own against international labels - Aug 06, 2012
- Indian designer menswear market has come of age: Anita Dongre (With Images) - Apr 01, 2012
- Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear line - Mar 26, 2012
- Zubair Kirmani takes designer menswear to Srinagar - May 19, 2012
- Wanted, more designers for menswear - Sep 02, 2011
- From apparel to laptop accessories, Satya Paul explores new avenues - Jun 07, 2012
- Cufflinks to carpets, Rohit Bal spreads design net wide (Interview) - May 15, 2012
- Corporate backing must for fashion brands: Designers - Apr 04, 2012