District courts complex inaugurated in DelhiSeptember 6th, 2008 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Chief Justice of India Justice K.G. Balakrishan Saturday inaugurated a district court complex at Dwarka in southwest Delhi. Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, chief justice of the Delhi High Court A.P. Saha and a number of advocates were present on the occasion.
“Commissioning of district courts across the city would help in speedy delivery of justice to aggrieved people, closer to their place of residence,” said Dikshit.
We would be providing all possible assistance in making judicial system more effective, she said.
The court complex is spread over an area of 9.14 acres. The building shall accommodate 80 courts.
- Five more family courts to come up in Delhi - Aug 03, 2010
- Justice Dipak Misra takes over as Delhi High Court chief justice - May 24, 2010
- Court notice to Dikshit, centre on Lokayukta report - Aug 13, 2012
- BJP leader denied relief on Dikshit's defamation complaint - Aug 13, 2012
- India's first arbitration centre inaugurated in Delhi - Nov 25, 2009
- Settle defamation case, court tells Dikshit, BJP leader - Apr 24, 2012
- Service level agreements will put an end to middlemen: Dikshit - Sep 11, 2011
- Department of Justice to organize regional meetings on Sunday - Jul 17, 2010
- Court disallows audio, video recording of proceedings - Feb 28, 2011
- Delhi government to build flats for its employees - Feb 25, 2011
- Lawyers strike work in Delhi courts - Mar 24, 2011
- Plea to record hearings goes to chief justice (Lead, superseding previous story) - Mar 01, 2011
- Officials summoned over child workers in court complexes - Jan 04, 2012
- BJP to file privilege motion against Dikshit - Nov 26, 2010
- 1984 Sikh riots: Trial court told to wrap up cases in six months - Feb 08, 2010