Diplomats, top IT professionals at Kerala meetNovember 16th, 2011 - 1:42 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Nov 16 (IANS) Diplomats and top notch IT professionals will participate in the India IT Summit here Dec 16, its organiser said.
Organised by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) Kerala, the summit will see the presence of Ingo Karsten, the German consul general in Bangalore; Jennifer A. McIntyre, the US consul general in Chennai, and Mike Nithavrianakis, the British deputy high commissioner in Chennai.
Top notch professionals from IBM, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, General Atlantic, Aegis and Dell will present their views over three plenary sessions on the challenges faced by the IT industry and the strategies required to address them.
V.K. Mathews, chairman of the event and executive chairman of the IBS Group, a premier IT company operating from its global headquarters at the Technopark campus here, said that over the years the IT business in India has witnessed linear growth.
“This model survived the past two decades but is unlikely to sustain the growth pace given the rapidly escalating employee costs in India and inefficiencies associated with unwieldy growth in employee numbers,” Mathews said.
“The current priorities and business strategies for a non-linear growth will be discussed,” he added.
The meeting assumes significance because the Rs.5,000 crore proposed Technocity project here and the Smart City IT project at Kochi which were hanging in balance for the past five years have been finally cleared.
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- Britain interested in Kerala infrastructure projects - May 22, 2012
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- Indo-German urban fair in Bangalore from Friday - Jun 19, 2012
- Technopark creating big employment in Kerala - Mar 30, 2012
- India to play major role in Dell's networking plans - Sep 13, 2011
- IBM and Oracle eye Technopark as next destination - Jul 21, 2010
- US diplomat should apologise, demands Jayalalithaa (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- TCS to set up training centre at Technocity - Sep 13, 2010
- Chandy rides bicycle to launch IT Park's green initiative - Dec 06, 2011
- Now, packing material made from mushrooms - Jul 28, 2010
- WWE Raw: Kofi Kingston vs Drew McIntyre - May 24, 2011
- WWE Raw: Drew& Dolph vs Big Show Handicapped Match - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: aegis, business strategies, cii, confederation of indian industries, consul general, diplomats, employee numbers, executive chairman, german consul, global headquarters, growth pace, inefficiencies, infosys wipro, kochi, linear growth, notch professionals, plenary sessions, smart city, top notch, us consul