Diplomat murdered in Dominican RepublicApril 18th, 2012 - 12:10 pm ICT by IANS
Santo Domingo, April 18 (IANS/EFE) A Taiwanese diplomat was found slain Tuesday in her apartment in Santo Domingo’s university district, police reported.
Julia Ou, 52, had stab wounds and appeared to have been beaten and strangled.
The door to the apartment had not been forced open, the police said in a communique, adding that they have begun to question the woman’s neighbours and the people who work in the building.
Jose Wang, second secretary in the Press Office at the Taiwanese Embassy in the Dominican Republic, told EFE that several of the victim’s friends had called her by telephone several times to find out why she had not come to work and, when they did not receive an answer, they decided to go to her home.
“When they arrived at the apartment they found blood stains in front of the door and decided to call the police,” said Wang.
Ou had been posed in Santo Domingo for about a year.
- Journalist slain in Dominican Republic - Aug 03, 2011
- Nine die in Dominican Republic fire - Nov 26, 2010
- Deposed Miss Dominican Republic apologises - Apr 27, 2012
- Woman killed over negative comments on Facebook - Oct 11, 2011
- Three women, child killed in Argentine apartment - Nov 28, 2011
- Ex-Miss Universe Amelia Vega to marry NBA star - Dec 25, 2011
- Dominican singer to begin world tour - Jul 11, 2011
- Dominican kills men who stole his dog - Sep 22, 2010
- Juan Luis Guerra to launch new album - Feb 27, 2012
- US citizen arrested in child pornography racket - May 08, 2010
- Two Dominicans wanted for 36 murders held - Apr 23, 2010
- Reporter murdered in Mexico - Apr 30, 2012
- Pregnant teen with cancer spurs abortion debate - Jul 24, 2012
- Singer Vladimir Dotel hospitalized - Mar 19, 2012
- Dominican Republic shipwreck toll rises to 16 - Feb 06, 2012