Diplomat car bombing: Iran to consider India’s probe plan (Lead)May 31st, 2012 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) Iran Thursday strongly refuted Israel’s allegations about its involvement in the bombing of an Israeli diplomat’s car here in February, but agreed to consider India’s proposal to send a team of investigators to that country.
“We have been accused of so many things so many times. We totally refute allegations of this sort,” Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi told reporters here after talks with India’s External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna.
He accused the “Zionist regime of Israel” of assassinating Iranian scientists and publicly admitting it.
They have given assassinations a kind of legal validity, he added.
On Feb 13, four people were injured when an Israeli diplomat’s car was struck by a bomb near the Israeli embassy in New Delhi.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, wife of the Israeli defence attache, suffered multiple injuries when a motorcycle rider attached a magnetic explosive device to her car and sped away. Within seconds, the device exploded, setting the car on fire.
Israel blamed Iran for the attack. India subsequently launched a probe into the incident.
In an important development, during lunch with Salehi, Krishna made the request about India’s plan to send its investigators to Iran. Salehi, according to official sources, agreed to consider the proposal.
The probe has put India in a bit of diplomatic bind as it tries to juggle its long-standing ties with Iran and its growing relations with Israel and the US. India has not backed Israel’s assertion that Iran was behind the bombing of the Israeli diplomat’s car, and has maintained that it will take a stand only after the probe into the attack is concluded.
- Diplomat attack: Iran refutes Israel's charge - May 31, 2012
- We don't accept or deny Israelis allegations: Iran - Feb 15, 2012
- Warrant issued against three in Israeli car blast case - Mar 15, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Delhi Police team to go to Iran - Jul 31, 2012
- Terrorist was 'very well trained', says India (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- Krishna meets Israeli envoy, assures full support in probe (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Injured Israeli woman stable - Feb 16, 2012
- Israeli woman discharged, might have flown back (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Car attack: Krishna meets Israeli envoy, assures security - Feb 15, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing has foreign links: Police - Jul 19, 2012
- Terrorist was 'very well trained', says Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Israeli victim saw Delhi bomber - Feb 14, 2012
- Israeli attack: Arrested journalist's son denies links to Iranians - Mar 09, 2012
- Lucky that kids were not with me, says Israeli victim (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: ali akbar, allegations, assassinations, assertion, bind, car on fire, defence attache, explosive device, external affairs minister, investigators, iranian foreign minister, israeli diplomat, israeli embassy, krishna, legal validity, many things, motorcycle rider, New Delhi, salehi, zionist regime