Dinda stars in India A’s thrilling win over West Indies AJune 25th, 2012 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
Port of Spain, June 25 (IANS) Speedster Ashok Dinda bowled a brilliant super over to help India A level the two-match T20 series with the West Indies A at the Queen’s Park Oval here.
The match Sunday turned out to be a thriller just like the first unofficial T20 International with the West Indies making 154 for four to tie the match. The match went into the one-over eliminator where Dinda conceded just four runs which India A knocked off in three balls. The visitors had posted 154 for five after the West Indies send them in. Opener Ajinkya Rahane finally struck form with a 63-ball 79.
The West Indies looked set to win with three runs needed off five balls in the 40th over. Dinda removed the match’s top-scorer Nkrumah Bonner (82) on the second ball to keep his team’s chances alive and gave away just one run in the following four balls to level the match.
The Bengal pacer was frugal even in the super over as two run-outs of Bonner and Jonathan Carter in three balls hurt the West Indies badly. Rohit Sharma got run-out of the first ball in the mini-chase but Shikhar Dhawan and Manoj Tiwary ensured the job was done.
The West Indies had won Saturday’s match by three runs.
Both teams now gear up for the three-match unofficial ODI series beginning Wednesday.
- India A lose to West Indies A - Jun 28, 2012
- India A dismissed for 190 in first one-dayer - Jun 28, 2012
- India A 22/3 chasing 186 to win first 'Test' - Jun 05, 2012
- India tottering at 57/4 chasing 220-run target - Jun 12, 2012
- India A struggling at 77 for six - Jun 06, 2012
- Bowlers help India A dominate West Indies A - Jun 10, 2012
- Scoreboard: West Indies A vs India A, Day 3 - Jun 05, 2012
- Carter's fiver overshadows Rohit Sharma's 94 but India A take lead - Jun 04, 2012
- West Indies discards playing for recall - Jun 02, 2012
- Powell's century leaves India A in a tight spot - Jun 18, 2012
- Pujara to lead India A for Caribbean tour - Apr 27, 2012
- Overseas hitters dominate IPL-V - Apr 23, 2012
- Jaded Windies lose opening T20 to Australia - Mar 28, 2012
- Pujara's 50 fails to stop West Indies from taking lead - Jun 11, 2012
- Tiwari and Saha keep India afloat in third Test - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: ashok, balls, bengal, bonner, chase, eliminator, jonathan, jonathan carter, match, nkrumah, odi series, pacer, port of spain, s park, shikhar dhawan, speedster, thriller, tiwary, top scorer, west indies