Dikshit takes stock of Delhi’s electricity situationDecember 24th, 2008 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 24(IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit at an official meeting Wednesday took stock of the electricity situation in the capital and directed the distribution companies to involve legislators in exhorting consumers to install metres.The meeting was attended by Delhi Chief Secretary Rakesh Mehta, Power Secretary Rajendra Kumar, senior officials of the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission and Power Grievances Committee, and distribution companies.
Dikshit instructed the distribution companies to complete their targets of metre installation.
Dikshit told them to involve newly elected lawmakers in their respective areas so that the consumers could be exhorted to install meters.
She also discussed the issue of abnormal billing, which is creating problems to the consumers.
“She directed the DISTCOMs (distribution companies) to immediately resolve such cases and designate a senior officer to look into matters of abnormal billing. She enquired about the status of fast running metres,” said a senior Delhi government official.
The chief minister was informed that out of 1977 metres checked, only four were found running somewhat fast whereas 14 metres were running slow.
“It was decided in the meeting that the power department would encourage installation of pre-paid metres to ensure instant transparency and judicious consumption of power,” the official added.
“Such metres would be installed in a phased manner. The installation at first instance would be done in PWD (Public Works Department) buildings. These metres are successfully functioning in government schools and have helped in overcoming wastage of power,” the official said.
Dikshit took charge of the power ministry while in the last government it was with Finance Minister A.K. Walia.
“She was informed that there has been reduction in overall power consumption in the national capital,” the official said.
- Power for Maharashtra - tourist town gets pre-paid meters - Apr 07, 2011
- No shortage of power during Games: Dikshit - Sep 16, 2010
- Distcom urges consumers to switch off on Earth Hour - Mar 28, 2012
- Delhi homes hit by 20 percent power rate hike - Jun 26, 2012
- Delhi's rooftop solar power policy a non-starter - Dec 30, 2011
- Delhi to extend financial help to BSES - Dec 27, 2011
- Power tariff hike inevitable: Sheila Dikshit (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sheila Dikshit calls power tariff hike 'inevitable' - Jul 02, 2012
- School's power supply cut: Court slams government - Aug 30, 2012
- Remote metres to keep tab on big Haryana industries - Aug 13, 2010
- Consumers cry foul over power tariff hike in Delhi - Jul 05, 2012
- Bihar panchayats to act as power supply franchisees - Feb 14, 2012
- Power to cost more in Delhi, Dikshit indicates - Jun 25, 2012
- Dikshit justifies water tariff hike - Sep 17, 2011
- PWD hands over street lights to companies - Jul 07, 2011