Dikshit launches online module for school recognitionJune 13th, 2011 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit Monday launched an online module to facilitate certification, recognition and upgradation of schools in Delhi, said to be the first of its kind.
Talking to journalists on the occasion, Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said: “The process of recognition and upgradation of schools was tiring and cumbersome. Till date the whole process required manual movement of files and documents from zone to district and then to headquarters. Now the societies will be able to apply directly through internet for recognition of the schools.”
He also said that the move will facilitate opening of more schools in Delhi as the process will become smooth.
Hailing the education directorate for launching the module on www.edudel.nic.in, Dikshit said the move will curtail the harassment of societies which want their schools to be recognised.
“The process of recognising school used to take 2-3 years but now it will take 2-3 months. The implementation of module will also increase transparency, accountability and fairness in the working system of the directorate of education,” she said.
- CBSE results: Dikshit praises government schools' efforts - May 22, 2010
- Delhi government plans to hire 1,000 Urdu teachers - Jul 09, 2012
- Madrassas need upgradation: Dikshit - Sep 15, 2011
- Court seeks police report on complaint against Dikshit - Jun 08, 2012
- All-party meet to consider new Lokpal draft - Aug 24, 2011
- District judge to decide jurisdiction issue in Dikshit case - Jul 06, 2012
- School admissions to go on during summer break - May 06, 2011
- MCD schools asked to implement quota for poor - Feb 02, 2011
- Delhi government schools shine in Class 10 results - Jun 01, 2011
- Nursery admissions on course as court reserves order (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Delhi to register 'eligible' Madrasahs, finance them - Apr 27, 2012
- Delhi can have its Open University: Sibal (Lead) - Jul 07, 2010
- NDA gets an Army Public School - Apr 12, 2012
- West Bengal to recognise 10,000 madrasas - Jun 10, 2011
- Indian Navy to get new budget control system - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: 3 years, accountability, chief minister, directorate of education, education directorate, education minister, fairness, harassment, implementation, journalists, manual movement, New Delhi, nic, school recognition, schools in delhi, shiela, transparency, upgradation