Dikshit in China to study Games preparation, transportMay 26th, 2008 - 6:40 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit is in Olympics-bound China to explore ways to prepare New Delhi for Commonwealth Games 2010 and streamline the messy public transport at home on the lines of an intelligent transport system (ITS) being developed in Hong Kong. Dikshit along with her personal secretary P.K. Tripathi, Chief Secretary Rakesh Mehta and other accompanying officials is on an official tour to China from May 24-31. They reached Beijing Sunday from Hong Kong.
“She will visit Games sites and will see upgradation of key stadia and how overall infrastructure has been upgraded,” a senior official in Dikshit’s office said here Monday.
Though is is not officially part of her itinerary, Dikshit and her team of officials will see the functioning of the bus rapid transit system (BRTS) in Beijing. A similar project under development in the Indian capital has brought more brickbats than plaudits to her from residents.
“She will leave for Hong Kong from Beijing May 29 and will be there till May 31. During her stay, Dikshit will see the local public transport, in particular the way ITS is being developed in Hong Kong,” the official said.
- BRT corridor a success in China: Sheila Dikshit - Jun 03, 2008
- Hong Kong returns pregnant woman to Beijing - May 04, 2012
- Hong Kong tops Chinese competitive city list - May 21, 2012
- China cautions its citizens travelling to India - Jun 04, 2012
- Japan pop group enthrals Beijing - Sep 17, 2011
- China celebrates Tourism Day - May 20, 2012
- More research needed on bus rapid transit system: Experts - Jul 18, 2011
- China mulls shark fin ban at official banquets - Jul 03, 2012
- World Bank issues first yaun bonds - Jan 05, 2011
- China begins drilling in South China Sea - May 09, 2012
- Committed to 'one country, two systems', says China - Jul 02, 2012
- Masked woman distributes food, money among poor in Hong Kong - May 31, 2011
- Delhi's bus corridor to be closed at night - May 27, 2008
- UP mulls metro, mono rail in big cities - Mar 24, 2012
- Mass protests on Hong Kong anniversary - Jul 01, 2012