Dikshit biggest patron of Bangladeshi migrants: BJPNovember 24th, 2008 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 24 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ravi Shankar Prasad Monday charged Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit with being the “biggest patron” of over one million illegal Bangladeshi migrants in the national capital. “Questions are raised in parliament and court directives issued on PILs (public interest litigation), but the Sheila Dikshit-led Congress government in Delhi takes no action,” said Prasad at a public meeting here held to support Vijay Jolly, the BJP’s candidate against Dikshit from the New Delhi constituency.
“On September 22, 2003, on a PIL the Delhi High Court ordered that the illegal Bangladeshi migrants be surveyed, identified and deported. To begin with, at least 100 of them were sent home,” he said, noting nothing was done after this.
“On August 12, 2008, the court strongly expressed its displeasure on this issue. It held that the illegal Bangladeshi migrants are a threat to the security of the country,” Prasad added.
The BJP leader claimed that there were 500,000-600,000 illegal Bangladeshi migrants enrolled as voters, and demanded immediate deletion of their names from the voters’ lists.
“The Sheila Dikshit-led Congress government has failed to take any action for pure vote bank politics,” he alleged.
Prasad also noted that on July 12, 2005, the Supreme Court said the illegal migration of Bangladeshis amounts to aggression against the country. “But, despite this, the Sheila Dikshit-led Congress government failed to act”, he said.
- Courts rejects BJP legislator's plea in Dikshit case - Apr 19, 2012
- Prosecution is under pressure from Dikshit, says Jolly - Mar 01, 2012
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit - Apr 09, 2012
- BJP demands deletion of Bangladeshi migrants from voters' list in Assam - Dec 19, 2010
- Remove Bangladeshi migrants from Assam electoral rolls: BJP - Jan 03, 2011
- Court allows withdrawal of case against Dikshit - May 09, 2012
- Embarrassed BJP attacks Congress over Yeddyurappa - Oct 16, 2011
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Court to hear plea against Dikshit March 29 - Mar 06, 2012
- Delhi civic polls: BJP headed for win (Third Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Central government trying to save Sheila Dikshit in CWG scam: BJP - Mar 26, 2011
- Congress seeks apology from Vijay Goel - Aug 22, 2012
- Ban book on Gandhi: BJP leader - Apr 01, 2011
- Dikshit attacks MCD, calls it inefficient - May 08, 2011
- Assam violence unprecedented, government to blame: Advani (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012