Digvijay slams Mayawati governmentJune 20th, 2011 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 20 (IANS) Reacting to recent incidents of crime against women in Uttar Pradesh, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh Monday slammed the Mayawati government for the collapse of law and order in the state.
“The BSP (Bahujan Samaj Party) government is supporting criminal elements in Uttar Pradesh. The police are demoralised and the law and order has collapsed,” Digvijay Singh told reporters here.
“The whole police structure has collapsed,” he added.
A 33-year-old woman was burnt alive Sunday after allegedly being raped in Etah district of Uttar Pradesh. The woman’s family said that five men first gangraped her and then burnt her alive as they were afraid she would go to the police.
A Dalit minor from Kannauj was allegedly stabbed in the eye and left blind by two men when she resisted rape late Saturday.
Earlier this month, an 18-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly raped at gunpoint by a man in Ranipur Beladi village. A case was registered and police are hunting for the accused.
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Congress slams Mayawati over attack on minor girl - Jun 19, 2011
- Two held for raping teenager in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 24, 2010
- No arrest in murder of teen who witnessed mother's rape - May 14, 2012
- Mayawati government is nervous: Congress - Jun 27, 2011
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested - Apr 08, 2012
- Two Dalit girls gangraped near Delhi - Sep 29, 2010
- Dalit woman gangraped in Greater Noida - Sep 01, 2010
- Kolkata rape: Three sent to judicial custody - Mar 03, 2012
- Dalit girl gangraped, four booked - Jul 09, 2011
- UP suspends four officials after violence - Jun 26, 2012
- Two Uttar Pradesh cops booked for gang-rape - Jun 22, 2011
- Minor girl blinded with knife in UP - Jun 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,