Dieting makes Eva Green depressedMay 4th, 2012 - 6:35 am ICT by IANS
London, May 4 (IANS) Actress Eva Green admits she gets depressed if she has to go on a diet because she loves gorging on food.
The “Dark Shadows” actress was once told she had to lose weight for a role. But she found going on an all-soup eating plan made her miserable and she could not do it again, reports contactmusic.com.
“Before my first film, the casting director asked me to lose some weight, saying, ‘On screen you’re going to look much fatter’,” she told InStyle magazine.
“I started drinking soups and then I was like, ‘I can’t do it, I can’t go on a diet’. It’s hell, it makes you very depressed - food is so important to me. I couldn’t go on,” she added.
Green admits she feels like an “ugly duckling” in Hollywood, but would not undergo cosmetic surgery to improve how she felt about herself.
“It’s not all about physique and how beautiful you look. In this business actors who have Botox or surgery make you very aware of age. It’s awful. In Los Angeles, I feel like the ugly duckling, like I’m from Venus or something,” she added
- Fox shares childhood photos online - Jul 08, 2012
- Britney doesn't rule out surgery to get perfect figure - Mar 10, 2011
- No cosmetic surgery for Pamela - Sep 18, 2011
- Women want weight in right places: Rukhsar Rehman (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- Mirren against youngsters getting plastic surgery - Aug 29, 2011
- Megan Fox rubbishes botox rumours - Jul 10, 2011
- Gaga blames dad's restaraunt for weight gain - Sep 21, 2012
- Vanessa Hudgens reveals former fast-food addiction - Mar 15, 2011
- I would consider plastic surgery: Mel C - Sep 16, 2011
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Salma Hayek opens up about acne trouble - Apr 01, 2012
- Weight warning: Avoid crash diets - Jun 13, 2011
- 'Diet in a box' delivered to your door-the latest slimming fad in UK - Dec 13, 2010
- 'Fasting detoxifies the body, but don't overdo' - Aug 07, 2012
- Kristen Stewart Speaks On Her ‘Breaking Dawn’ Diet - Oct 25, 2010