Dial 108 for any emergency in JaipurSeptember 20th, 2008 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Sep 20 (IANS) If you are in Jaipur and face any emergency, just dial the toll-free number 108 and help will soon be at hand - whether it is the police, the fire brigade or an ambulance.Emergency Management and Research Institute (EMRI) in partnership with the Rajasthan government Saturday started the free 108 Emergency Response Services.
EMRI had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the state government May 23, 2008.
The state will have 450 ambulances covering a population of 56 million.
It is a toll free number and is accessible from a landline, mobile, local telephone booth without any prefix or suffix. Anyone, anytime can dial 108 for any emergency - medical, police or fire.
The ambulances are equipped with various equipments, including ventilators, to handle almost any emergency situation.
Venkat Changavalli, CEO, EMRI said: “We are glad to launch the service in Rajasthan and be of help to the people in any emergency.”
The emergency response centre has been set up at the State Institute of Health and Family Welfare Building, Jhalana Institutional Area, Jaipur.
EMRI has partnered with hospitals and nursing homes to provide free hospitalisation for the first 24 hours.
- 150,000 emergencies handled by Gujarat's '108' project - Aug 29, 2008
- Himachal Pradesh launches free ambulance service - Dec 25, 2010
- Virbhadra Singh: BJP got kickbacks in NRHM project in Himachal - Sep 10, 2012
- EMRI looking for corporates, donors to replace Raju family - Jan 18, 2009
- Palanquin bearers to ferry patients in Himachal - Aug 16, 2012
- BPO jobs on your finger taps! - Sep 11, 2010
- Kalam urged to return to EMRI governing board - Jan 21, 2009
- Himachal to start free ambulance services - Jul 10, 2010
- Top names quit board of Raju promoted body - Jan 13, 2009
- Free ambulance service starts in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- EMRI is now GVK EMRI - Jun 05, 2009
- Himachal to launch free ambulance service - Dec 20, 2010
- UP to set up control rooms for road accident victims - May 25, 2012
- Raju-promoted EMRI to make financial details public (Lead) - Jan 13, 2009
- Delhi hospital launches helpline for strokes - May 01, 2012