‘Diabetes can be found out through hair test first’September 6th, 2012 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Trichologist Akshay Batra says that hair is one of the prime source to detect many diseases.
“Hair has a significant medical content. By looking at hair, one can diagnose many diseases, which may otherwise go unnoticed, such as heart disease, diabetes, thyroid and anaemia,” Batra told reporters Thursday at the launch of his book - “Hair: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know”.
“Diabetes can be found out in a hair test before it can be found out in a blood test. Hair also has a social aspect. Healthy hair denotes confidence, while hair loss is associated with inferiority complex, low self-esteem, depression, loss of job and divorce or break-up in a relationship,” added Batra, managing director of Dr. Batra’s Positive Health Clinic Pvt. Ltd.
Actress Jiah Khan, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Maneka Gandhi and Barry Stevens, trichologist and hair scientist and founder of the Trichological Society were also present at the launch function.
- Kathak keeps Jiah Khan fit - Sep 06, 2012
- Kathak keeps Jiah Khan fit (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- For young people, sex and paychecks come after self-esteem - Jan 07, 2011
- Eye colour linked to severity of skin conditions - May 07, 2012
- Naomi Campbell Going Bald In Certain Portions Of Her Head - Jul 03, 2010
- Housewife works out recipe for regrowing hair - Jan 18, 2011
- Shedding pounds won't help teens' self-esteem - Mar 23, 2012
- Malaysian society committed to fighting hair loss gains popularity! - May 23, 2010
- Discovery to help balding men regrow hair - Jun 26, 2012
- 'Dangerous' hair extensions should be banned, say UK experts - Feb 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,