Dhoni seeks another arms licenceSeptember 25th, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 25 (IANS) India’s one-day and Twenty20 cricket skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has applied for a “Prohibtory Bore” arms licence for a 9 mm pistol.Dhoni already has a heavy security cover - officially described as Y category - second only to the Z category. He also has women bodyguards to keep female fans at bay.
Now Dhoni has applied for a Prohibitory Bore (PB) arms licence, on top of the Non-Prohibitory Bore (NPB) licence he has already from 2006. A PB licence is issued by the government only in special circumstances to a person who has a strong need for it.
“My office has received the PB licence application from Dhoni,” Sub-Divisional Officer of Ranchi Manoj Kumar Singh told IANS. “We will process the file and send it to the office of the deputy commissioner (DC).”
If the DC’s office clears the file, it will be sent to the state home ministry for approval.
- Jharkhand Chief Minister to gift Dhoni pistol if licence cleared - Dec 09, 2008
- Maximum security for Dhoni after extortion letter - Dec 31, 2008
- Getting prohibited bore arms licence a problem for Dhoni - Nov 12, 2008
- Jharkhand relaxes norms for Dhoni's gun licence - Nov 13, 2008
- Pay Rs.5 mn or see house blown up, Dhoni told (Lead) - Dec 31, 2008
- Dhoni gets license to buy 9 mm pistol - Jan 22, 2010
- Fierce gunfight after rebels attack Meghalaya police officer - Feb 28, 2012
- Dhoni's security heightened - Dec 07, 2011
- 352 arms licences cancelled in Nagaland - Apr 08, 2011
- Maharashtra to persuade Hazare to accept security - Sep 05, 2011
- Bengal schoolboy brings pistol to shoot principal - Apr 17, 2012
- Dhoni passes time by practicing shooting - Nov 30, 2008
- Day after clash, tension in Bharatpur continues - Sep 15, 2011
- Newborn's death: Rights panel seeks report in 15 days - Nov 03, 2011
- Bengal baby's body exhumed to check acid death - Nov 03, 2011