Dey murder: Charge sheet against Vora likely TuesdayFebruary 20th, 2012 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 20 (IANS) Mumbai police are likely to file a charge sheet against woman journalist Jigna Vora Tuesday in the murder of senior scribe J. Dey who was shot dead in June last year, an official said here.
“We are likely to file a supplementary charge sheet against Vora tomorrow (Tuesday). We have gathered enough evidence against her to make a case,” Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Devendra Bharti told IANS.
Vora, working as a deputy bureau chief with a Mumbai daily, was arrested Nov 25 last year in connection with the June 11 killing of Dey, the editor (Special Investigations) at Mid-Day.
Mumbai police had, in December last year, filed a charge sheet against 12 accused in the case. However, the name of Vora, who was arrested in November, was not included.
The charge sheet filed in the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court runs into 3,055 pages and has described in detail the role of 10 men involved in Dey’s murder.
Fugutive don Chhota Rajan has also been named in the charge sheet. However, police mention that Rajan and another accused, Nayan Singh, are still untraced and ion the run.
Though Bharti did not give further details on the evidence against Vora, sources in the crime branch said that police have enough reasons to support their theory that it was Vora’s professional rivalry with Dey that claimed his life.
According to sources, the crime branch is also likely to mention the motive behind Dey’s murder in the charge sheet.
According to police, Vora had allegedly provided Dey’s mobile number and his exact location to Rajan.
- Dey murder: Chargesheet filed against scribe Jigna Vora - Feb 21, 2012
- Woman journalist charged for J. Dey murder (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Six months on, 12 charge sheeted for Dey's murder - Dec 03, 2011
- Dey murder: Jigna Vora granted bail (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Dey murder: Vora seeks restraint on media coverage - Dec 13, 2011
- Dey murder: Jigna Vora gets bail - Jul 27, 2012
- Dey murder: Vora's custody extended - Jan 03, 2012
- Dey murder: Vora's custody extended till Jan 3 - Dec 20, 2011
- Man seeks to surrender phones bought from Dey murder accused - Dec 02, 2011
- Dey murder: Vora remanded to judicial custody till Dec 20 - Dec 09, 2011
- Dey killing: Woman scribe remanded in police custody - Nov 25, 2011
- Dey murder: Reporter to remain in police custody (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Dey murder: reporter to remain in police custody - Dec 01, 2011
- Woman scribe arrested for Dey killing (Night Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- 'Dey silenced as he was to expose match fixing in IPL' - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: bureau chief, chhota rajan, commissioner of police, crime act, crime branch, dey, exact location, mid day, mobile number, motive, mumbai police, murder charge, nayan, police crime, rivalry, scribe, special investigations, supplementary charge, woman journalist