Dethrone Congress government: AdvaniOctober 5th, 2008 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 5 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial aspirant L.K. Advani Sunday exhorted people to dethrone the Congress-led central government as they had done in “post-emergency elections of 1977″. Addressing a rally at Uttar Pradesh’s Bareilly district, Advani said: “Taking into account the UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government’s ineptness to contain terrorism and inflation, the people should now decide the fate of the UPA government similar to what they did in post-emergency elections of 1977.”
In elections of 1977, the Congress party lost all the Lok Sabha seats of Uttar Pradesh. This time too, people should show the same spirit and vote in favour of national interest, he added.
Advani said: “If the UPA government was really serious about combatting terrorism, it should have invited suggestions from all parties to counter terror.”
The UPA government did not do this, which reflects the central government’s soft attitude towards terrorism, he added.
Advani also attacked the Left parties and said their only intention behind supporting the Congress party was to keep the BJP away from the power.
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- BJP trying to woo Trinamool Congress back to NDA? - May 25, 2012
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Delhi in mind, Advani starts yatra from Bihar - Oct 12, 2011
- In yatra mode, Advani slams UPA, ducks PM candidate issue - Oct 10, 2011
- Advani hints he may not be PM candidate in 2014 - Sep 21, 2011
- Corruption, BSP 'misrule' main issues at BJP meet - Jun 02, 2011
- JD(U) says Nitish eligible for PM, lauds Advani for blog - Aug 07, 2012
- Advani blog: Sena fumes, JD(U) welcomes prediction (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Time to vote out the corrupt, Advani urges UP's voters - Feb 24, 2012
- Sharad Yadav rejects Advani's prediction on 2014 polls - Aug 06, 2012
- Advani's yatra: Crusade or pilgrimage? - Oct 30, 2011
- People disappointed with BJP too, says Advani - May 31, 2012
- BJP, AIADMK to coordinate on presidential poll: Advani (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012