Detained Afghan nationals let offAugust 22nd, 2008 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kollam (Kerala), Aug 22 (IANS) Three Afghan nationals detained at the Kundara police station near here since August 7 have been let off with the police finding no incriminating evidence against them. Mehboob Khan, N. Mohammed and Mukesh Kumar - an Afghan citizen of Indian origin - were picked up by the police from a hotel as part of the ongoing security check after the recent serial blasts in several parts of the country.
The state and central intelligence agencies conducted elaborate investigation in India and Afghanistan about their antecedents.
Kollam district superintendent of police M.R. Ajith Kumar told IANS that the three were under surveillance.
“Nothing incriminating was found about them and they were let off late last evening. Today, they might have reached Delhi,” Kumar said.
Initial inquiries revealed that the Afghans were here to trade in cashew. Kundara is about 60 km from the state capital and the district headquarters Kollam is the cashew capital of the state.
- Police detain three Afghan nationals in Kerala (Lead) - Aug 07, 2008
- Three Afghan nationals detained in Kerala - Aug 07, 2008
- Weapon used to shoot Indian fishermen still on ship - Feb 21, 2012
- Italian ship to be searched for weapon, victim's kin seek relief (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Two Italian crew members brought off ship (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Italian shooting: Legal battle begins - Feb 26, 2012
- Special team of Kerala cops to probe shooting row - Feb 21, 2012
- Italian marines case: Kerala Police file chargesheet - May 18, 2012
- Special team to probe Karnataka terror suspects' links - Sep 01, 2012
- Italian ship owners agree to cooperate in probe: Kerala Police (Night Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- 'Detain Italian ship till compensation is paid' - Feb 21, 2012
- Kerala shuts down to protest petrol price hike - May 24, 2012
- Shooting row: Italian minister heads to India (Round up) - Feb 21, 2012
- First phase of Bihar elections witnesses 53 per cent polling - Oct 21, 2010
- Fishermen's killing: Two crewmen brought ashore, Italians told to cooperate (Evening Lead) - Feb 19, 2012