Details of Mamata’s travel as union minister to be sharedJune 22nd, 2011 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) The Central Information Commission (CIC) has directed the railway ministry to furnish details of the domestic and foreign travel by former minister Mamata Banerjee at government’s expense between May 16, 2009 and June 29, 2010.
In response to a right to information (RTI) application, the commission directed the ministry to also give travel details of the then minister of state for railways E. Ahamed.
Travel details of Minister of State for Railways K.H. Muniyappa for the same period were also ordered to be given to RTI applicant Subhash Chandra Agarwal by July-end.
Information Commissioner Annapurna Dixit noted, in her June 14 order made available Tuesday, that “the commission finds no reason why information related to travel of only three railway ministers for a year cannot be furnished”.
Dixit said if “any part of the information sought is not available with the ministry” then it should transfer the query in the RTI application to the “custodian of the information in the cabinet secretariat”.
The order on Agarwal’s appeal came after the railways declined to furnish the information.
The railways took the plea that the “revelation of the past movement of high dignitaries could endanger their life and physical safety”.
- Woman uses RTI to get salary details of cheating husband - Apr 09, 2010
- Keep central record of ministers' air travel: CIC - Apr 01, 2011
- Rent dues notice to Meira Kumar withdrawn - May 08, 2012
- Court stays information panel's order to RBI on RTI plea - Dec 09, 2011
- India-Pakistan 1963 talks: CIC to see if files stay secret - Apr 13, 2010
- Court stays order to make president's donations public - Jul 13, 2012
- Court stays information panel's order on banks (Lead) - Dec 08, 2011
- Ministers' assets: RTI activist says PMO withholding details - Aug 29, 2010
- Delhi transit system comes under RTI Act: High court - Jul 08, 2012
- RTI query on assets of former CJI Balakrishnan - Jun 09, 2011
- No need to make emergency documents public: Court - Jul 12, 2011
- Hasten appointments in transparency panel: Court (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Court stays order to provide Tehelka report to Fernandes - Jul 22, 2011
- CIC order for disclosing Sharm-e-Sheikh files stayed - Mar 23, 2010
- Court stays transparency panel's order on school data - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: ahamed, annapurna, banerjee, cabinet secretariat, chandra, cic, custodian, dignitaries, dixit, foreign travel, information commission, information commissioner, june 14, minister of state, New Delhi, physical safety, plea, railways, travel details, union minister