Destitute women protest in ShimlaApril 3rd, 2008 - 8:11 pm ICT by admin
Shimla, April 3 (IANS) Demanding increased state support, thousands of destitute single women from across Himachal Pradesh protested outside the state assembly building after concluding a two-day, 30-km march Thursday. Around 2,700 women, mostly homeless widows and deserted wives, walked from Dhami, some 30 km from here, to highlight their plight.
The march ended outside the assembly where the marchers handed to Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal their charter of demands.
“Our social security pension should be increased to Rs.500 from the current Rs.300,” said Nirmal Chandel, who led the march.
- UN announces new programme for Indian widows - Mar 08, 2011
- Himachal offers sops to employees - Jun 18, 2012
- Dhumal announces sops on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Himachal legislators to get fat salary hike - Apr 05, 2012
- Dhumal in please-all mode in election year (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 03, 2012
- Himachal's loan liability is Rs.26,651 crore - Aug 29, 2012
- Dhumal government woos its babus with eye on polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 24, 2012
- On average, five walkouts a year by Congress in Himachal - Aug 30, 2012
- Financial sop for Himachal government employees - Jan 25, 2011
- Widows and orphans will be rehabiliated: Kashmir's woman minister (Interview) - Jan 22, 2012
- Each Himachal citizen now carries Rs.3.7 crore debt - Aug 31, 2011
- Himachal announces 6 percent DA for employees - Apr 15, 2011
- Sikh group protests outside Badal's residence - Feb 18, 2011
- Himachal to achieve total sanitation programme by March 31 - Jan 15, 2011
- Another pre-poll sop for over 300,000 'babus' (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012