Desperate for son, father batters infant daughterApril 9th, 2012 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 9 (IANS) A three-month-old baby girl here is battling for life after being allegedly beaten by her father who wanted a boy, police said. The baby’s head is severely injured and there are bite marks on several parts of the body.
Police arrested the father Umar Farook, 25, an employee of a commercial shop in Shivajinagar in Bangalore’s central district, police told reporters here late Sunday.
Farook was picked up on his wife Rehsma Bhanu’s complaint that he had been torturing the baby to kill it, as he wanted a boy.
The baby, Afreen, is in the intensive care unit of the government-run Vani Vilas hospital here.
Discussing chances of the baby’s recovery, doctors said they could talk about it only after a 48-hour observation.
- Baby girl tortured by father, this time in Bangalore (Second Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Battered baby Afreen still critical: Doctors - Apr 10, 2012
- Baby girl tortured, now in Bangalore (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Battered Bangalore baby dies, father faces murder charge (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Battered by father, Bangalore baby dies (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Book Afreen's father for murder: NCPCR - Apr 11, 2012
- Blot on humanity, says twitterati on baby Afreen's death - Apr 11, 2012
- Government needs to watch every baby girl: NCPCR - Apr 09, 2012
- Afreen, Falak and fair vaginas - when will it change for India's women (Comment) - Apr 12, 2012
- Save girl child, say Kajol, Sushmita - Apr 12, 2012
- Boy burnt with cigarettes, beaten, clawed by stepfather - Feb 24, 2012
- Father kills infant daughter with nicotine - Apr 10, 2012
- Battered Rajasthan boy given security - Feb 26, 2012
- Step-father arrested for torturing three-year-old - Feb 25, 2012
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012