Designers showcase cotton as a stylish fabricNovember 7th, 2008 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) Normally cotton is considered a dull fabric, but designers Namrata Joshipura and Payal Jain showcased it as a stylish, versatile and a natural fabric through their line at a fashion show here.Cotton Council International (CCI) conducted the ‘Cool with Cotton’ initiative Thursday to generate awareness about the benefits of cotton and communicated its importance as a natural fabric.
“The purpose of this campaign is to reacquaint people with cotton by creating awareness about its uses and benefits. We plan to take this campaign forward in the coming year with more exciting and educational events on the various benefits and uses of cotton,” said CCI’s South Asia representative Ashish Dhir.
The evening saw soft cotton dresses; floral appliqué summer jackets skirts, long dresses in vibrant colour palette like pink, green, yellow and blue.
Jain’s collection was the modern interpretation of fashion using traditional themes and had the synthesis of old and new, traditional and modern, rustic and contemporary wear.
Speaking at the show Jain said: “Though cotton is perceived as a summer fabric, it is truly a fabric for all seasons. I prefer cotton since it can be easily blended with other fabrics and is truly versatile.”
Joshipura’s line had modern silhouettes with rich detailing in it and according to her she had used the fabric for designing fashion ensembles suitable for day as well as evening wear.
- Rahul Mishra named best womenswear designer - May 08, 2012
- Rina Dhaka makes jute dazzle with Swarovski crystals (With image) - Jun 08, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' inspires designers' collection - May 14, 2010
- Kidswear spells big business in India - Nov 17, 2011
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- Drape that Kanjeevaram, Benarasi this Diwali - Oct 20, 2011
- Fashion conscious? Think neutral hues and khaki - Oct 28, 2010
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Business at fashion week broke all records: FDCI chief (Review) - Oct 13, 2011
- Manish Arora goes truly Indian for Paris show - Sep 20, 2012
- Nomadic look in vogue at WIFW - Oct 27, 2010