Deshmukh takes over as science and technology ministerJuly 19th, 2011 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) Vilasrao Deshmukh Tuesday took charge as the new science and technology minister, a week after the cabinet reshuffle which saw his ouster from the rural development ministry.
The minister laid to rest allegations that he was peeved over his removal from the rural development ministry and the fact that it was his second shift in the past six months.
“There was no question of my being unhappy. I was not here and was earlier busy with the Mumbai Cricket Association elections. I came back yesterday and took the charge today,” the minister told reporters here, explaining the delay in taking charge.
“Many latest innovations are coming to the aid of the common man. Technology would drive the future,” he added.
On the subject of nuclear energy, the minister said the topic was new for him and he would have to understand a lot before planning anything.
- Congress disapproves Kamat's resignation (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Ministers assume charge, list priorities (Roundup) - Jul 13, 2011
- Manmohan forms new Team to run India, Kamat quits (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2011
- Ministers spell out priorities on first day in office (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2011
- Jairam elevated to cabinet rank, gets rural development - Jul 12, 2011
- Some gainers in Congress, a few lose spotlight in shuffle - Jan 20, 2011
- Keeping assembly polls in mind, Manmohan Singh reshuffles UPA II Cabinet - Jan 19, 2011
- Manmohan drops some, inducts some to better UPA image (Evening Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Something old, something new in recast Team Manmohan (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Cabinet reshuffle today, major changes in portfolios expected - Jan 19, 2011
- Doctrine of separation of power must be respected: Congress - Feb 10, 2011
- Cabinet reshuffle could take place soon - Sep 20, 2012
- Youth should undertake innovative research: Deshmukh - Sep 26, 2011
- Sack Vilasrao Deshmukh, say agitating Vidarbha farmers - Feb 08, 2011
- Vilasrao Deshmukh passes away (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012