Depressurised plane makes emergency landing in RussiaJanuary 24th, 2012 - 6:04 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 24 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A Boeing-737 with 78 people on board, flying from Russia’s Rostov-on-Don city to Moscow, had to make an emergency landing 20 minutes after take-off after pressure decreased inside the cabin.
No injuries were reported following Monday’s landing in Rostov-on-Don in southern Russia. The plane was carrying 70 passengers and a crew of eight.
All passengers were flown to Moscow on a new plane by the original carrier Donavia. It was, however, not clear what caused the malfunction.
“There was no panic among the passengers, and none have refused to fly” on the new plane, said government mouthpiece Rossiiskaya Gazeta.
But the Lenta.ru website cited a more disturbing account of the incident, left by an unidentified passenger on Facebook.
“Everybody is shouting on the falling plane. Oxygen masks have dropped out, but don’t function. Many are bleeding from the nose or ears, someone has already fainted,” the passenger said.
“The chief pilot is talking about depressurisation, flight attendants are running around shouting, and you sit and think, why am I to die today? In the end, the plane barely manages to land, one engine working and the wing scraping the asphalt, everybody runs out through the emergency exit and over the wing, and the medics and firefighters arrive,” it said.
- Russian plane makes emergency landing - Jun 09, 2011
- Two killed in Russian trainer plane crash - Dec 04, 2011
- Mi-2 chopper crashes in Russia, pilot killed - Aug 11, 2012
- Plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jul 04, 2011
- List of venues for 2018 World Cup to be announced Sep 29 - Sep 05, 2012
- Russia to lay down diesel submarine - Aug 17, 2012
- Russia plans to host 2018 FIFA World Cup in 13 cities - May 07, 2011
- 55 injured in Russia blast - Jun 26, 2011
- Russian ex-servicemen sentenced for stealing MiG parts - Jun 20, 2012
- Russian pilot dies of heart attack mid-flight - Jan 21, 2012
- Emergency landing by Russian plane after bomb threat - Oct 04, 2010
- Three Russian journalists detained in Kazakhstan - Dec 19, 2011
- Russia places order for 30 fighter aircraft - Mar 22, 2012
- Missing Russian helicopter found - Oct 09, 2011
- Foreigners involved in 20 percent of Moscow murders - Nov 23, 2011