Department of Land Transport and its offices open on SaturdaysAugust 2nd, 2008 - 9:05 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The acting Director-General of the Department of Land Transport, Mr. Chairat Sa-nguansue (ชัยรัตน์ สงวนชื่อ), says his department and its four offices in Bangkok are now opened for public members to bring in their vehicles using Natural Gas for Vehicles (NGV) or Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) for inspection from every Monday to Saturday.
Mr. Chairat says hundreds of LPG-and NGV-fuelled vehicles are being inspected by the Department of Land Transport and its subsidiaries every day, causing heavier traffic congestion around the areas. In order to facilitate LPG and NGV users, Mr. Chairat says the Land Transport Department and four of its offices are now opened on Saturday as well.
Mr. Chairat also warns motorists who have recently installed gas tanks to their vehicles to report to the Land Transport Department before August 15th, 2008. He says violators could face a fine of up to 1,000 baht.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Land Transport Dept. says natural gas consumption increases by 80% - Jul 12, 2008
- CNG engine conversion registration period extended to August 15th - Aug 05, 2008
- Motorists told to inform authourities re engine conversion in 15 days - Aug 11, 2008
- Northeast facing acute cooking gas shortage - Sep 14, 2012
- Department of Energy Business: Government to gradually raise LPG price - Jul 14, 2008
- Move products by rail: Court to oil firms - Sep 20, 2012
- Hyundai launches LPG variant of hatchback i10 - Nov 22, 2011
- Srinagar youth protest fuel price hike - Jun 25, 2011
- Northeastern India hit by cooking gas crisis - May 26, 2012
- No plan to hike diesel, LPG, kerosene prices: Reddy - May 28, 2012
- Energy Ministry persuades taxis to use compressed natural gas instead of LPG - Nov 23, 2007
- LPG prices fall in Pakistan - Feb 12, 2012
- LPG prices surge in Pakistan - Mar 04, 2012
- LPG tanker explodes - Jun 21, 2011
- Government to decide on diesel, LPG price hike Friday - May 24, 2012