Deora to meet oil firm heads to discuss fuel pricingAugust 18th, 2008 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) Petroleum minister Murli Deora will discuss with of heads of state-run oil majors the B.K. Chaturvedi Committee’s recommendations on fuel pricing, the government said here Monday.The financial health of these companies will also feature in the discussions.
A government release said the meeting would also be attended by Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dinsha Patel and Petroleum Secretary R.S.Pandey.
The high-powered Chaturvedi Committee on fuel pricing submitted its report last month. It has suggested, among other things, introducing export parity model - which sets price equal to the world price - as well as monthly revision of retail rates.
The pricing suggestion was being done to bring down the massive under-recoveries of oil marketing companies, as they sold fuel at lower subsidised rates.
The Tuesday meeting is set to review the financial position of the three companies, Indian Oil Corp, Hindustan Petroleum Corp and Bharat Petroleum Corp, “in the backdrop of under-recoveries incurred by them on sensitive fuels like petrol, diesel, domestic LPG and PDS kerosene”.
Besides, with the festival season looming, Deora will also review the availability of fuel stocks and focus on the distribution of petroleum products in the country.
- Diesel under-recoveries of oil companies rise 14 percent - Aug 16, 2012
- Hike likely in diesel, LPG, kerosene prices - Sep 05, 2012
- Deora to meet Pranab over fuel price determination - Feb 02, 2010
- May consider reduction of diesel subsidy : Reddy - Feb 15, 2012
- No deregulation of diesel, kerosene, LPG prices - Aug 21, 2012
- Rs.64,900 crore under-recovery in 15 days for oil marketing firms - Nov 16, 2011
- Deora meets Mukherjee on oil price hike, no decision taken - Jan 14, 2010
- Would cut petrol prices if crude prices fall: IOC - May 24, 2012
- No decision on fuel price hike yet, says Deora - Feb 14, 2010
- Indian Oil Corp records 30 percent profit drop in Q4 - May 30, 2011
- Petrol price cut by Rs.2 a litre (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- India Inc calls for dual pricing of diesel, LPG - May 24, 2012
- No cap on number of LPG cylinders to affluent - Aug 17, 2012
- Fresh petrol price hike of Rs.1.80 per litre - Nov 03, 2011
- Deora to review working of oil PSUs - Aug 19, 2008