Dentist Rajesh Talwar walks out of jailJuly 12th, 2008 - 10:27 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 12 (IANS) Rajesh Talwar, given a clean chit in the murders of his teenage daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, was released from Dasna Jail here Saturday. Rajesh Talwar was set free after having spent over 50 days in jail as an accused. The dentist’s relieved relatives, including wife Nupur Talwar, were at Dasna Jail to receive him.
Aarushi was found dead May 16 in the Talwar’s Noida home. The police initially named the Talwars’ domestic help Hemraj as the prime suspect, but had to retract after his body was found the next day on the terrace of the house. Rajesh Talwar was arrested May 23 and police said he killed his daughter in a fit of rage as he objected to her alleged closeness with Hemraj.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday cleared Rajesh Talwar of all charges and named his compounder Krishna and Rajkumar, the servant of close family friends Durranis, as those behind the murders.
The CBI said Krishna was the prime accused as he harboured ill-feelings towards the family after being scolded by Rajesh Talwar in public. The agency also said that it has been unable to get any evidence against the Talwars in connection with the murders.
Special Magistrate Sapna Mishra Tripathi Friday discharged Rajesh Talwar after the CBI moved an application under section 169 (release of accused when evidence is insufficient) of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC). The court set Rajesh Talwar free after he furnished a personal bond and two sureties of Rs. 500,000 each.
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Hearing in Nupur Talwar's trial May 9 - May 03, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- CBI opposes Nupur Talwar's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Witness talks of golf clubs used in crime - Sep 18, 2012