Dental student withdraws plea from courtMarch 6th, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) A Jamia Millia Islamia dental student, who failed in his second year annual examination, was Tuesday denied relief by the Delhi High Court on his plea seeking permission to attend third year classes. He withdrew the plea.
Shahroz Raza, a bachelor of dental surgery student, approached the court challenging the order of another judge who rejected his plea. He had sought direction to the central university to allow him to attend third year classes.
The division bench of Justice B.D. Ahmed and Justice V.K. Jain refused to grant any relief to Raza.
“The rule is that you have to clear all the supplementary exams. But you have not cleared one exam out of the three. So you are no more entitled to attend classes of third year,” the court observed.
The court told the petitioner to withdraw his plea, adding that any relief to him would attract other students to follow the same route and seek relief. His counsel subsequently withdrew the plea.
Justice Hima Kohli Feb 22 had rejected Raza’s plea.
Raza joined the course in 2009-10.
- Jamia to continue with its minority status: High Court - May 18, 2011
- Class 10 student rapped for uploading classmate's obscene photo - Nov 18, 2011
- Jamia Millia open to students' union poll, court told - Jul 24, 2012
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- Plea on Jamia Milia students union poll withdrawn (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Court notice to school on poor student's plea - Jun 02, 2012
- Government backs decision on minority status to Jamia - Sep 20, 2011
- Court seeks Jamia Millia reply on students' union poll ban (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Police release MP's son held for impersonating in Jamia exam - Jun 08, 2012
- Judges recuse from hearing Jamia students' union case - Dec 21, 2011
- Can't condone lack of attendance in classes: High court - Apr 22, 2011
- Striking Jamia students allege police attack - May 08, 2011
- Jamia to host 3rd Arab film fest - Nov 19, 2011
- Youngsters opting for teaching as a career - Sep 04, 2011
- Minority status for Jamia: Court questions government - Mar 24, 2011