Dental student jumps to deathOctober 7th, 2011 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 7 (IANS) A 22-year-old dental surgery student here Friday committed suicide by jumping from the second floor of a building in her college campus, police said.
The family of Deep Shikha, the fourth-year student of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), allege she was driven to suicide after being repeatedly harassed by the college staff.
They said Shikha was booked for using unfair means during exams at the Saraswati Dental College, where she was a student.
“We are yet to establish the reason that prompted the student to take the extreme step. She died on the spot,” Superintendent of Police (Trans Gomti) Nitin Tiwari said.
- 25,000 people take J&K; professional entrance test - Jun 23, 2012
- Woman jumps to death in Gurgaon - Jun 06, 2012
- Rajasthan student commits suicide after harassment - Apr 20, 2012
- Engineering student commits suicide - Mar 09, 2011
- Class 10 girl commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 15, 2012
- Exempt Tamil Nadu from common dental entrance exam: Jayalalithaa - Sep 07, 2012
- Ragging drives student to suicide in Bihar - Jan 27, 2011
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Jamia announces results - Jun 29, 2010
- College student jumps to death in Delhi hospital (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Delhi college student jumps to death in hospital - Jan 05, 2012
- Apex court clears way for common medical entrance test - Dec 13, 2010
- Medical student hangs himself in Patna, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Dental student attempts suicide in Ghaziabad - Dec 16, 2009
- Four held by CBI for medical admission fraud - Jul 20, 2012