Denied admit cards, Mathura students go on rampageMarch 31st, 2011 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mathura, March 31 (IANS) Agitated over not getting admission cards for college examinations beginning Thursday, students went on a rampage in this Uttar Pradesh pilgrim town, damaging vehicles, public property and fighting pitched battles with police, an official said.
Private B.Com part I students, who were not allowed to appear in the exams by the Babu Shivnath Agarwal College (BSAC), turned violent, torching government hoardings, damaging window panes of buses and private vehicles, and indulging in heavy brick batting in Krishnagar area of the town.
Police baton-charged the protesters to disperse them.
“The situation is tense, but well under control. Forces from various police stations have been deployed in the area,” Police Inspector Narendra Singh told reporters in Mathura, some 300 km from Lucknow.
Even as the college authorities refused to comment on the matter, police said that prima facie the college authorities appear at fault.
“The students had filled the examination forms and, therefore were to be issued the admit cards for the exams that started today (Thursday). An enquiry is underway. Efforts are on to get the issue settled between the private students and the college administration,” said Singh.
- Students clash with police in Bulandshahr - Apr 29, 2011
- Students clash with police, torch vehicles - Apr 23, 2011
- Students go on rampage following classmate's death - Sep 06, 2010
- Students clash with police in Allahabad, torch vehicles - Apr 27, 2012
- Locals clash with police over youth's death - Nov 15, 2011
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Lawyers clash with police in Jaipur - Jan 11, 2012
- Locals clash with police over death of worker - May 05, 2011
- Fear of failure in exams leads two girls to suicide - May 06, 2009
- Students torch vehicles to protest fellow scholar's death (Lead) - Aug 11, 2010
- Schoolboy's death sparks violence in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 29, 2010
- Minor girl's body found in Delhi park - Oct 13, 2011
- 15 students injured in Bangladesh clash - Mar 03, 2012
- Three students killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Dec 12, 2010
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
Tags: admission cards, babu, bsac, college administration, college authorities, college examinations, lucknow, narendra singh, pilgrim, pitched battles, police baton, police inspector, police stations, private students, private vehicles, protesters, rampage, town police, uttar pradesh, window panes