Dengue toll rises to 19 in OrissaAugust 20th, 2011 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Aug 20 (IANS) Two more people died of dengue in Orissa Saturday taking the toll in the outbreak of the disease in the state to 19, an official said.
The latest deaths have been reported from two private hospitals in the state capital here, a senior official of the health department told IANS.
As many as 80 new patients tested positive for the virus Saturday, taking the total cases this month to 482, he said.
The two victims belonged to Angul district, which has reported the maximum number of 244 cases of the mosquito-borne disease, he said.
Dengue cases have been reported from 21 of Orissa’s 30 districts.
- Dengue toll rises to 17 in Orissa (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Dengue toll rises to 16 in Orissa - Aug 18, 2011
- 100 new dengue cases in Orissa - Aug 22, 2011
- Three dengue deaths in Orissa - Aug 09, 2011
- Orissa cancels doctors' leave as dengue spreads - Aug 13, 2011
- Dengue death toll rises to 23 in Orissa - Aug 26, 2011
- Over 1,200 now down with dengue in Bengal - Sep 10, 2012
- Delay in checking dengue in Bengal, says governor - Sep 11, 2012
- Over 1,000 now down with dengue in Bengal - Sep 08, 2012
- 86 test positive for dengue in Orissa - Aug 25, 2011
- Bengal rights panel seeks report on dengue from government - Sep 18, 2012
- Bihar, Uttar Pradesh battle to contain deadly encephalitis outbreak (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2012
- Lahore dengue toll rises to 127 - Oct 02, 2011
- West Nile virus kills 46 in US' Texas state - Sep 08, 2012
- Now Karachi frets over dengue outbreak - Aug 22, 2011