Demolitions in Ghaziabad’s posh areasJune 20th, 2008 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 20 (IANS) Municipal authorities have launched a massive demolition drive against illegal constructions in posh residential areas here. The Municipal Corporation of Ghaziabad has also issued notices to over 1,000 influential property owners who have covered open drains or built kitchen gardens on public land.
Municipal Commissioner Ajay Shankar Pandey has set up five teams to cover the areas of Kavi Nagar, Mohan Nagar, City Zone, Vasundhara and Vijay Nagar to report on illegal structures.
Yellow cards will be issued to defaulters, who will also be fined for the encroachment made on corporation land, senior officials said.
The corporation carried out massive demolitions of illegal constructions last week in areas such as Ambedkar Road, Surya Nagar, Chander Nagar and Brij Vihar.
“The razing of illegal structures will resume more intensively from June 26,” Pandey said.
- Two arrested in housing fraud case - Jun 20, 2011
- Encroachers clash with police in Noida (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- MCD demolishes, seals illegal structures - Dec 23, 2010
- Assaulted engineer was corrupt, says Ghaziabad mayor - Nov 27, 2010
- Taj sparkles in rain, Agra totters (Letter from Agra) - Aug 29, 2012
- Apex court slams civic officials for illegal constructions - Jun 01, 2011
- Kejriwal, thousands sent back without voting in Ghaziabad - Feb 29, 2012
- Accused of bias, IAS officer beats self - Nov 21, 2011
- ASI demolishes 20 illegal structures near protected monument in Delhi - Sep 21, 2010
- MCD demolition drive continues - Dec 03, 2010
- Child drowns in Ghaziabad drain - Jul 13, 2012
- Delhi mosque demolition: DDA to file report in court - Jan 13, 2011
- Court asks illegal Delhi mosque to relocate - Mar 21, 2011
- High court issues notice to Bukhari, ASI (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Ghaziabad school near which child drowned shuts - Jul 14, 2012