Demi Lovato’s new album is therapeuticJune 4th, 2011 - 7:29 am ICT by IANS
London, June 4 (IANS) Actress-singer Demi Lovato is using music to express the suffering she endured due to her personal problems and says her creation is “therapeutic”.
The 18-year-old had quit her tour with the Jonas Brothers last year and checked into rehab to address a number of issues, including an eating disorder, self-harming and bipolar disorder, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
She is now back to work recording new songs. Lovato says the new album would be deeply personal.
“I love being back in the studio! It’s been very therapeutic to be able to express my feelings and talk about who I really am, through my music. My first single is really special to me,” she said.
“It symbolises my journey from the person I was to the happy healthy person I am today, and the fact that people are able to rise above anything, despite the odds,” she added.
- Lovato - a role model! - Aug 17, 2011
- Demi Lovato gives up cell phone - Jul 18, 2012
- Demi Lovato saved by rehab - Nov 26, 2011
- Lovato visits rehab patients - Dec 06, 2011
- Post rehab, Lovato still self-harms - Mar 08, 2012
- Lovato's tattoo tale - Dec 04, 2011
- Demi Lovato has bipolar disorder - Apr 21, 2011
- Demi Lovato too busy to romance - Jul 13, 2011
- Lovato, Valderrama part ways - Jun 14, 2011
- No rivalry with Lovato: Jonas - Aug 17, 2012
- Demi Lovato caught kissing Wilmer Valderrama - Nov 04, 2011
- Lovato feels confident without make-up - Jul 19, 2012
- Demi Lovato back to work after rehab - Feb 18, 2011
- Lovato ready to tour - Oct 10, 2011
- Demi Lovato loves being sober - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: 18 year old, actress, bipolar, bipolar disorder, demi lovato, eating disorder, fact that people, feelings, first single, healthy person, journey, london, new album, new songs, odds, personal problems, rehab, self harming, suffering, using music