Demand is still high in auto sector: Hero Honda chairmanFebruary 21st, 2009 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 21 (IANS) Despite the global economic slowdown, India’s auto industry will continue to grow as demand is still high and there is no shortage of raw materials, Hero Honda Group chairman Brij Mohan Munjal said Saturday.
“The economic environment in the country is conducive for the growth of the auto industry. The demand is still there and there’s no shortage of raw materials,” Munjal told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
He added that industry faced shortage of funds in the wake of the financial crisis. “But now, with the government directing banks to lend to industries, the growth story will continue,” he said.
According to Munjal, the overall economic scenario might take some time to revive and “it’s difficult to comment on an exact timeline”.
He added that Hero Honda group has had three successive quarters of robust growth.
“The group is hopeful of continuing the high growth story in the coming quarters,” Munjal said.
- Auto industry to entice customers with new launches in 2011 - Jan 16, 2011
- Hero Motors' to launch new products during Indian F1 - Sep 02, 2011
- Government reviews export sops, industrial output - Nov 25, 2010
- Loans set to pinch more as central bank hikes interest rates (Roundup) - Jul 26, 2011
- Automakers confident of China market despite slowing sales - Nov 24, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Hero Groups forays into hospitality sector - Sep 05, 2011
- India's exports may falter due to global economic turmoil: FICCI - Aug 07, 2011
- Diesel price hike will be double whammy: India Inc. leaders - Sep 14, 2012
- Hero Motocorp's Q3 net profit up 43 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Input costs, lack of reforms hit India Inc. business confidence - Aug 12, 2012
- Robust March industrial output may not be maintained - May 12, 2011
- Global slowdown, reason for lowering growth projection: RBI - Oct 25, 2011
- China's industrial output to grow by 11 percent - Oct 26, 2011
- Inflation will remain at same level: Pranab - Apr 17, 2012