Delhi’s sex workers support HazareAugust 22nd, 2011 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 22 (IANS) Hundreds of sex workers in Delhi are supporting activist Anna Hazare in his agitation for a strong Lokpal bill, an NGO working for their welfare said Monday.
The Bharatiya Patita Uddhar Sabha (BPUS) said they are supporting Hazare’s crusade since April when he first went on a fast-unto-death. Many sex workers from the city’s red light area G.B. Road also visited Ramlila ground last week.
“We were there at Jantar Mantar last time to support him and will stand shoulder to shoulder this time too till the time government passes the Jan Lokpal bill,” BPUS president Khairati Lal Bhola told IANS.
“We have planned to visit the ground daily for the next 15 days to show our support,” he added.
- Hazare likely to fast at Ramlila ground - Aug 06, 2011
- Tharoor supports Hazare, stresses on dialogue - Apr 07, 2011
- Support pours in for Anna Hazare in Chhattisgarh - Apr 08, 2011
- Yeddyurappa supports Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Noida farmers march to support Anna - Aug 19, 2011
- I can carry on for at least 7 more days: Hazare - Apr 07, 2011
- Anna Hazare's anti-corruption movement: Time-line - Apr 09, 2011
- 'People's voice for Lokpal Bill has reached government', says Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- BJP wants stringent Lokpal Bill - Apr 08, 2011
- Fasting Hazare suffers high blood pressure, weight loss - Apr 07, 2011
- Madhur Bhandarkar meets Hazare - Apr 07, 2011
- Team Anna gears up for Sunday protest at Jantar Mantar - Mar 23, 2012
- Politicians prevented from meeting Anna Hazare - Apr 06, 2011
- Fight corruption in real life too: Anupam Kher - Apr 08, 2011
- Hazare fast: Deadlock over Lokpal Bill likely to end tomorrow - Apr 08, 2011