Delhi’s killer roads: Recalling some major accidentsFebruary 20th, 2012 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) With two more men crushed in the capital Tuesday morning by a speeding car, a day after a ghastly Lamborghini crash claimed the life of a young real estate tycoon, Delhi continues to register a high number of deaths on roads. Here are some major accidents that took place in the capital in 2012 and 2011:
Feb 19, 2012: A young south Delhi realtor, Anukool Rishi died when his over-speeding Lamborghini sportscar lost control and hit cyclist Kishan as it crashed into a bus-stop railing in south Delhi. Kishan may be paralysed for life, say doctors.
Feb 17, 2012: A 28-year-old Afghan, Qasim was charred to death when the car he was driving caught fire after smashing into a road divider at great speed, trapping him in the vehicle on the Rao Tula Ram (RTR) flyover.
Dec 22, 2011: Two people died - one of them thrown off a flyover 40 feet high and another crushed to death - after they were hit by an iron grille dislodged as a speeding truck rammed into it on the Barapullah flyover connecting south and east Delhi. A biker - Sanjay Kumar (25), a meter reader with BSES, and autorickshaw driver Vijay Kumar, 29, were travelling on the flyover from Nehru Stadium in south Delhi toward Sarai Kale Khan in east Delhi when the accident took place.
Sep 29, 2011: A teenage boy died on the spot when his Honda Civic car hit the footpath, took off and went over the railings of south Delhi’s Lajpat Nagar flyover before it crashed into a government warehouse.
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi - Feb 28, 2012
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Cyclist injured in Delhi car crash stable - Feb 20, 2012
- Lamborghini crash: Injured man could be paralysed for life (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Lamborghini crash: Injured cyclist paralysed (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- 1 dead, in sports car crash in Delhi - Feb 19, 2012
- Sports car driver killed in crash (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- 1 dead in sports car crash in Delhi (lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi accident - Dec 22, 2011
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- Van driver killed in Delhi road accident - Jul 07, 2012
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: bses, east delhi, flyover, footpath, government warehouse, honda civic, iron grille, kishan, lajpat nagar, meter reader, nehru stadium, qasim, railings, real estate tycoon, sanjay kumar, south delhi, speeding car, teenage boy, tuesday morning, vijay kumar