Delhi woman pushed by brothers from first floor, diesMarch 30th, 2012 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 30 (IANS) In a freak accident, a 25-year-old girl died after being pushed from the first floor of her house by her two brothers when she tried to prevent the two from beating their mother, police said Friday.
The incident, the result of a property dispute, was reported in east Delhi’s Jyoti Nagar area Thursday night when Shobha was trying to stop the duo from beating their 60-year-old mother.
According to police, Deepak and Jagdish live on the ground floor of the building and their mother Vidhawati (60) and her daughter Shobha live on the first floor.
Deepak and Jagdish returned to their home in an inebriated condition, went to the first floor and started arguing with their mother over construction of a room on the ground floor.
They started thrashing their mother. They even pulled her hair and tried to drag her towards the balcony.
“Shobha tried to intervene and calm down her brothers, but it infuriated them further and they started thrashing her as well. They then pushed Shobha from the balcony as they were heavily drunk,” said a police official.
Her head struck the ground and she bled profusely.
“The duo immediately ran away from the spot as neighbours gathered hearing the commotion. They informed police and immediately took Shobha to GTB hospital where doctors declared her as brought dead,” said a police officer.
Police handed over the body to the family after post-mortem and registered a case against the duo who are absconding.
“We are trying to arrest them and investigations are on,” a police official said.
- Woman plunges 80ft while throwing a spider - May 31, 2012
- Teen kills aunt, two others to avenge grudge - Apr 23, 2012
- Attack on woman cop during Odisha rally triggers outrage - Sep 07, 2012
- Two arrested for beating doctor protesting girl's harassment - Sep 05, 2012
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Brothers fight over hospital, elder kills younger - May 16, 2011
- Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
- Ink attack stuns Ramdev, attacker faces mob fury (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Two 'rapists' lynched in West Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Russian teen survives fall from 9th floor - Oct 30, 2011
- Man kills brother after family spat - Jan 17, 2011
- Constable dead as gun misfires - Mar 07, 2011
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011
- Man held for killing 3-year-old niece - Mar 26, 2011
- Two elderly women stabbed to death in Delhi (lead) - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: balcony, commotion, deepak, doctors, east delhi, freak accident, investigations, jagdish, jyoti, neighbours, New Delhi, old girl, old mother, police officer, police official, post mortem, property dispute, thursday night, two brothers