Delhi woman poisoned for giving birth to girl diesApril 21st, 2012 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) A 30-year-old woman, who was allegedly poisoned by her husband as she had given birth to a girl child, died here early Saturday morning, police said.
Ishak Parveen, a resident of central Delhi’s Lahori Gate, died Saturday morning in Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan hospital where she was admitted on Thursday night by her husband, Javed Tariq. Tariq had then informed authorities that she had consumed a poisonous substance.
Parveen’s father Malik Sikandar, however, got a case registered against Tariq alleging that he gave the poison to Parveen and absconded after leaving her at the hospital.
In his complaint, Sikandar said Tariq had poisoned Parveen because she had given birth to a girl one-and-half months ago. He further claimed that Tariq had been assaulting Parveen ever since the birth.
A police official informed that while they could not note down Parveen’s statement as she never regained consciousness, they were trying to nab her absconding husband on the basis of her father’s complaint.
- Delhi woman poisoned by husband for giving birth to girl - Apr 20, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Former DMK legislator arrested for rape, murder - Jul 14, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012
- FIR against Sikar government hospital head - Aug 28, 2012
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
- Bail plea of man held for wife's death rejected - Apr 11, 2011
- Father rapes daughter in west Delhi - May 19, 2012
- Woman killed in Punjab for bearing daughters - Apr 17, 2012
- Girl set afire for resisting rape - Nov 05, 2011
- Girl elopes, father and brother commit suicide - Nov 26, 2011
- Three held for forcing woman to foetus sex test (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Battered Bangalore baby dies, father faces murder charge (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012