Delhi woman hangs herself over harassment, husband arrestedAugust 15th, 2012 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) Anguished over alleged harassment, a 32-year-old woman committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling fan in her residence here, police said Wednesday. Her husband has been arrested.
Farzana, mother of three children, who hanged herself inside her Nihal Vihar residence in west Delhi Tuesday evening, left a suicide note in which she mentioned that she was taking the extreme step due to personal reasons, said a police officer.
“No one is responsible for my death. It’s my own decision and my husband should not be blamed for it,” says her letter.
However, her family members registered a complaint against her husband, Irshad, a labourer, alleging that he used to harass her.
A case has been registered and Irshad arrested, the officer said.
- Girl attempts suicide after obscene MMS clip circulated - Dec 31, 2011
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Rajasthan student commits suicide after harassment - Apr 20, 2012
- Woman hangs herself to death in Delhi - May 15, 2012
- Woman commits suicide in Delhi - May 03, 2011
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Woman in debt kills self - Feb 22, 2012
- Ex-flight attendant kills self, blames Haryana minister - Aug 05, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Ex-flight attendant's suicide: Victim's photos, laptop seized - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house - Jul 21, 2012